V8 Dirt Modifieds Result Controversy

The V8 Dirt Modifieds were down on numbers but their racing was electrifying.  The contests were close and in the finish controversial. The winner was clear cut as Vic 19 Steven Milthorpe led from the start to finish.

Second and third place was a tight affair with Vic 16 Daryl Hickson holding off Vic 55 Trevor Perry until the very last corner. This effort caused the stewards to take a close look and interview both drivers as the cars had come into close contact.

Luke James was jinxed in attempt at a Street Stock turn around, but he has again failed to take his place in the final of the Street Stock 1000 at Blue Ribbon Raceway on Saturday night.

James, who after winning his second heat 2 from 2, was seen leaving the track with a very smokey car.  He drove as well as anyone else on the night but like a number of times in the past, car problems stopped him from contesting the final.

South Australian, Anthony Beare capped off a great night by leading all the way to win the $1000 winner’s cheque. After 15 laps the cars had to reform in order and drive another 15 laps in the opposite direction.

Beare won two heats finished third in the other and came off pole in the final. Avalon driver Darryl Atkinson came from 6th place to get to second and Australia 1 , Brad McClure spun out, went to the rear of the field and worked his way back through the field to get 3rd place.

In the Autobarn Junior feature, local driver Daniel Simpson continued his good form to take out fourth place behind James Gardiner, Peter Kinnear and Michael Gorman.

Two of our local drivers also did well in the Limited Sportsmans Tri-series Feature. Mark McDonald 2nd and Tim McDonald 3rd tried hard to catch hard charging South Australian Ben Jeffrey but luck did not fall their way.

In the other V8 excitement machines, the V8 trucks, HO58 Dean Thomas had a night out as he won two races and finished second behind HO67 John Culph in the other race. A simple coming together of the trucks, in the first heat, saw Tracey Penny receive severe whip lash and taken to hospital by ambulance.

In the Three Litre / Production class a small field was still able to add some excitement to the night. Matt Gerlach continued his dominance and posted three first placings from three events. Dan Watson gained a third and a second place and was the only other car still standing at the end of the night.