Aimed at light truck devotees, these colourful vehicles are providing plenty of unusual entertainment at the Blue Ribbon Raceway.
Scrutineers and Team members have formulated a set of specifications and safety regulations for the trucks, not only to keep costs down, but to make for an even field.
- Petrol engines not to exceed 345 cubic inches
- Standard Carburettor as per factory installation
- A limit of 20 litres of fuel to be carried
- Transmission can be manual or auto
Dual wheels, with a minimum wheelbase of 12 feet, with no added weight allowed at the rear of the truck
- Rollcage to be made from two inch diameter black steel pipe, mounted at six points to the chassis
- Interior rollcage must contain a Nascar type frame on the driver’s side door
- Passenger door must have slide bolt lock to shutSeat to be made of fibreglass or aluminium with a five-point racing harness fitted
- Drivers must wear approved full-cover racing suits and helmets.
The V8 Truck Racing Team is programmed to race at most race meetings at the Blue Ribbon Raceway. The team are more than happy to chat to any person interested in joining their team and will assist wherever possible.
The most common description of the experience from those driving in this team is AWESOME!